Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Can't get the new nursery off of my brain!

When I was pregnant with Cohen, I never looked up nurseries. I looked up baby names, car seats, strollers, etc. I never really thought about his nursery, and before I had a chance, my mom said she wanted to do it while I was away at the weekend. I told her I wanted brown and green, and maybe some monkey things, and she delivered. I really loved how it turned out.

Then came Pinterest, and I started seeing nursery photos everywhere. I started pinning left and right, getting little ideas in my head. Now here we are, not a week after finding out I'm having a boy, and I've got the paint chips picked out, a crib, and painter's taped up on the wall. We're working on refurbing a dresser that I got on Craigslist that will be his dresser/changing table. I've got tons of cute DIY crafts bookmarked that I'm going to add to his nursery. Here are just a few things I'll be doing:

I'm going to make a yarn ball chandeleir in one corner of his room.
http://www.hostessblog.com/2012/01/diy-tutorial-creative-yarn-chandelier/

I'm going to add a collage of fabric covered sewing loops. How easy!


& I want to add an ABC wall. Ideally I would use individual letters and paint them each different colors/patterns, all in different fonts. But that's a lot of holes in the wall. SO, I found this awesome decal on Etsy. I can customize the size and colors. I can even have her cut each letter individually or have it all as one (and I'm thinking I'll have it as one).
http://www.etsy.com/listing/81915689/kids-letters-of-the-alphabet-abc-can-do?ref=sr_gallery_4&sref=&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=ABC+wall+decal&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=US&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

I have no "theme" but I know want to do use a light blue/grey wall and white furniture. I plan use a lot of pops of color throughout the room with the fabric loops, yarn balls, a rug, crib sheets and blankets, etc. I'm ready to get this DONE.... even though I'm not due for 4 more months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment