Thursday, January 26, 2012

let there be light.

"Oh look at me, I'm going to update all the time!!!1!"
But wait, I have an excuse. Last wednesday, at 4:30am we heard a loud, scary banging & then our power went out. We were already awake thanks to Cohen, who I'm guessing heard the first loud sound minutes earlier. Darren looked outside the window & just yells a medley of things in panic. I hear "explosion", "fire", "tree", "sparks". I'm obvs in hysterics & I call 911. Darren went down to see that 2 trees had fallen, 1 blocking (TRAPPING) us in the house. The other had completely ripped our powerlines out. Hours go by & nobody has come. I took it upon myself to call PUD (as the 911 operator said she would), & we weren't even on dispatch. Awesome. So after sitting in our freezing house for 5 hours, we bundle up & trek over a ditch to our neighbor's house. Food & warmth! We then spend a few hours with our friends Jared & Mallory before going home at 4:30 in the afternoon & PUD shows up an hour or so later. They cut down the tree & tell us they can't do much about our lines & to call an electrician. WAHHH. We stay at my ILs & the next day we find out its pretty bad, were looking at a week or so. :(

I hate to sound selfish or ungrateful, I know it could be a lot worse. But this past week BLEW. Cohen didn't sleep as well as usual, & would wake up at 6:30 for the day (not his norm). We didn't have any of our food but didn't have much room to fill up with groceries if we were to buy them. The tiny area for him to play wasn't as babyproofed as our house so I had to get off my lazy bum & chase him around all.day.long. It was rough on Darren & I not to have much alone time. Even just to talk about our day & cuddle like we usually do at the end of the day. Living out of a suitcase is not for me (or my 1 year old for that matter).

Fast forward a week, & were home. My car is toast for a week or more (stoopid) but I can't think about that right now. We just got power last night. We have no TV or internet, tho. So I'm pretty bored. Cohen & I have been playing a lot of silly games. Once he goes down for his nap ill be working on a few things for the nursery. Its almost done!! Just some curtains to make, a crib mattress to buy, & a few little crafts to finish. I'm excited!

I'm 22 weeks (& 2 days) but I feel closer to 30 weeks. The baby moves & kicks much more than Cohen did at this point. I'm showing now--I'd post a pic if I wasn't on my phone. Oh well.

Okay time to entertain my kid. Peace out girl scouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment