Thursday, March 29, 2012

A couple of posts to come

I have three blog posts all started and saved, and I never finished any of them. I'm at work so I'm going to just finish all of them. First, an update post!

We're on the last few days of March and it's definitely been a better month than the other shit months we've had in 2012. I've been working a lot and getting bigger and bigger. Here I am at 31 weeks in all my glory:


It's insane how fast it's all going by. I have 2 months until this baby will be here! The crazy part is I"m literally excited to go through labor and delivery again; especially knowing it could possibly be my last time doing it. 2 might it for us. I can't wait to experience it again, and it will be so much different/better at a birthing center with just my midwife and some loved ones around. My midwife is really awesome, and I'm so glad I'm going this route!

Cohen is doing really well. Being a peach and sleeping 8:30-8ish perfectly, and has OFFICIALLY moved to one nap a day. Let me tell you about the one nap a day: at first you fear it. You're scared because you normally get a nice break from 10:30-12ish and then another one at 3:30ish. Cohen is normally an hour-90 minute napper in the morning, and then maybe 45 minutes in the late afternoon. I didn't always get to enjoy the second nap becaue I'd be at work, but that hour in the morning was CRUCIAL to my day going well. I'd usually prep dinner for the evening, do yoga, and clean, or enjoy some lying around time. So when Cohen started waking up after half an hour from his morning nap I was like.. WTF IS GOING ON. Then he'd completely skip his evening nap. NO NAP WHATSOEVA. I was full on panicing. Then about 2 weeks ago, I forced myself to keep him up later, no matter how sleepy he was. Instead of going down at 10:30 I started keeping him til 11:30 for a few days, and then eventually until 12:30 or 1. So it's definitely rough; he's up at 8 and I have to keep him happy and entertained for 4.5-5 hours without a break for myself. I'm still not used to it, BUT it pays off when he goes down at 1, and sleeps for 2 hours, sometimes even 3. YES. THREE HOURS. It isn't exactly glorious for me now because I leave for work one hour after he goes down.. so I have one hour to myself, and then I go to work. BUT I'm only working for another 5-6 weeks.. so soon I will enjoy that 2-3 hour nap EVERY DAY, and I will also have a new baby soon after that, so that long nap will be a God send.

Cohen has also become a signing master. Okay that's a total overstatement. He signs "more", "please", "all done", and he claps for "yay" and rolls his hands when we sing Patty Cake and say "roll it, pat it!" It's pretty cute. We're working on signing "milk" and "food" but he's taking his sweet time with those ones. It only took him like EIGHT EFFING MONTHS to learn "more" and "please".. Lol. Whatever. Any communication between us will help when there's a newborn on my boob all day long and I have to try to cater to Cohen, too. Oh fun times.

I've been doing a lot of work for Britt's wedding. It's coming up and I couldn't be more excited! I've done some help with the invitations, and tried out a few center peice ideas for her. Burlap wrapped around a mason jar with a bundle of dried lavender in it. So gorgeous and understated. I'm making an adorable sign for the flower girl to hold (Kev's neice) that we saw on Pinterest. It'll say "Uncle Kev, Here comes your girl" and she'll look adorable holding it! It's turning out cute. I've also done some emailing for her; getting quotes on flowers, cakes, etc. I'm trying to help as much as I can since I'll be out of work in May and then it'll be crunch time since the wedding is July 14.

I've been reading about photography. Just a little hobby to start. It'd be nice to have good pics of my kiddos throughout the year. I'm starting just by reading the fatty manual that came with my mom's Nikon d40 (that's what I'll be using, seeing as I "borrowed" it months ago and she hasn't noticed). Once I actually learn how to use it, I'll move on to reading some photog blogs to get a better idea of what I'm doing. It's just a little hobby to have on the side. Since, you know, I have so much free time.. :-/

Okay that's about it. Stay tuned for I'll finally be finishing my post about meal planning and hippie life. Holla!


No comments:

Post a Comment