Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WTF Wednesday.

A lot has been going on in the past few days and I am back and forth between weird moods. We've had a lovely 3 weeks of Cohen sleeping at least 8 hours a night. Last night makes those 3 weeks seemed like they never happened. It was particularly difficult getting him to bed, which it was Monday night, but he still slept 8 hours. But last night after working for 2 hours to get him to sleep (our new record) he only slept for 3 hours, and was wide awake as ever at 1 AM. He had found his way out of his swaddle (curse you, swaddle). So, I fed him, and it actually surprised me how hungry he was. Maybe he is growth spurting? I re-swaddled him and put him down in his crib around 1:20 and watched him doze off. I hopped back into bed (well, after pumping...ugh, a whole 20 minutes I could have been sleeping). I wake up to some fussing, and in the 2 seconds it takes me to get up and walk into the hall, I glance at the clock to see that it's 3:30. That's it? 2 hours?! You've gotta be kidding me, kid! I go into his room to see he has escaped his swaddle, there is spit-up spots on his jammies, and he soaked through his diaper. He has gone 10 hours without soaking a diaper, but here it's only been 5 and it's all over him. I get him changed and he's smililng and cooing the whole time--C'mon, man, it's 3 AM! He just wouldn't settle so I thought I would try feeding him again. What do you know, he ate another 5 oz. By the time he was done eating he was passed the eff out, so I put him in his crib and crawled back to bed. Oh, but the night (err, morning) is not over yet! At 5 AM I hear him stirring to see that he has escaped his swaddle, yet again, and he is desperately searching for his binky. Oh, dear. I replace said binky, re-swaddle him, and fall back asleep, just praying he'll sleep for 4 or 5 hours. He woke up at 8 :-| It's 10:30 now and he's napping like a champ--why is this his strong suit? I would rather have him be difficult during the day and give me some sleep at night! All I have to say is, WTF?

Speaking of the swaddle, I want to ditch that habit so badly. It goes hand in hand with quitting the binky. Cohen can fall asleep on his own without the swaddle, but his hands are constantly at his face removing his binky. Then he fusses for it. It's a lose-lose situation. I need to ditch them both! But how? I try at least once a day, and I just hope that one day he gets it. I remember thinking he would never fall asleep on his own, but here we are, almost a month later and he falls asleep by himself for every nap and for bedtime. I just need to keep the faith!

I am registered for school and it starts April 5. Luckily the earliest I have class is 10 AM. So worst case scenario, Cohen decides to get up through all hours of the night, I can sleep in a bit and just rush to get out the door for class. If I think life is crazy now, I know I'm in for a rude awakening when school starts. Bah.

I'm off work today, and I usually work Wednesdays, so that's pretty nice. I have a list of stuff I want to get done but I'm so sleepy. Sitting in bed, drinking coffee is so much better than chores. I am excited that when Darren gets home we are going to run some errands with Cohen. Even if it's just errands, it's nice to get out of the house as a family. We really need to do some kind of day trip soon. Maybe if the sun ever comes out and stays out we can have some fun at the lake. We'll see.

Well, I am off. I will leave you with a new picture of Cohen from yesterday in his St. Patty's day bib!

:) Aw, I love him, even if he does prevent me from sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment